"It has been said that each generation must win its own struggle to be free." -Robert F. Kennedy

"God cannot alter the past, though historians can."


Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Welcome

Well, welcome to my Blog. This is my first foray into the blogging world, and it admittedly came after serious personal debate. The idea of blogging, to me, is pretentious, self-involved, and self-serving. And despite now being the 'proud' owner of one, I still feel the same way about blogs. Hopefully my experience here will change my mind.
I figured now would be as good a time as any to create a blog to share what is happening in my life, as this next year promises to be filled with excitement and new experiences. Starting in a few weeks (as soon as finals are over), I will begin working at my summer job at the Littleton Parks, Recreation, and Community Education Department as the "Summer Program Coordinator" (Sounds fancy, I know). Should be an excellent summer of hanging at the beach with the Long Lake staff and hanging out at Prouty Woods at night, getting Rowdy at Prouty!!!

Then, next Fall I will (hopefully) be spending the semester in Washington D.C. with The Washington Center for Internships (www.twc.edu). I haven't yet heard if I have been accepted, but I'm hopeful. I'm hoping to get accepted to an internship in either the history field (like the Smithsonian or American History Museum) or in Lobbying/Politics. I'm sure this will be the topic of many posts in the near future.

Anyway, I fear I am boring. This post was meant to serve as an outline of my next several months and to give a preview/heads-up on what to look out for in future posts. If your interested, I'm glad to have you reading. If not, I don't blame you.

Like I said when I began, blogging is new and mysterious to me, and hopefully as I go it will become easier and hopefully more entertaining for my (hopefully) loyal readers!

Thanks for reading,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment